Some of you might remember I installed a reversing camera in the car last year and it was working fine until recently.
For the last few months the camera has been sporadically flipping the image upside down, until recently when it now spends more time upside down than the correct way up. So I bought a new camera off eBay.
First I had to remove the old camera which was tricky. I eventually pried it out with a screwdriver, but then I was struck with a problem…
As you can see in the above photo, the reversing camera I ordered from eBay had a much longer base which would look ridiculous on my car so I had to remove the old camera from its base and install the new camera onto it. I used a blob of rubber sealant because the screw holes didn’t match up.
The rest was easy as I attached the new cables to the old cables and pulled them through the existing path until they popped through the air vent above, then I connected everything together.
The new camera is not only the correct way up, but the quality is much better too. Look at the difference in definition between this photo and the first photo on the page.
Now I can reverse with ease again. Phew.
You are welcome to use all images from this site, but please keep “suzukiswift.info” in the corner.